Cambridge Busway Pictures – Cambridge to Swavesey
The rain was miserable, so I decided to go and photograph the Cambridge Busway. These pictures show the busway from Cambridge to Swavesey.
There are lots of things to note in these pictures.
- The concrete blocks blocking entry to the busway.
- Kids lurking under the bridge at the Histon/Impington stop. Is this an omen?
- The Phoenix Chinese Restaurant at Histon is included because it is very much worth visiting.
- There are horse crossings at many places, with buttons ideally placed for riders. But would I ride a horse alongside a busway, with buses travelling at 80 kph? Probably not, unless it was Cyril, the world’s most bomb-proof horse.
- They have spent a lot of money on a cutting at Over, when there is a hideous mast by a charming wind-mill. Right sentiments but wrong solution. They should have demolished the mast!
- The MG logo on the building at Swavesey.