Middlesbrough as a Tourist Destination
I enjoyed my day on the Tees and at the football, but really, I do think that Middlesbrough fails on several counts.
- There was no bus map on the Middlebrough web site, or was it just invisible. Perhaps no-one uses buses in the town, as taxis are affordable.
- None of the web sites I viewed mentioned the Tall Ships Race. I would have liked to have gone. But then people said that the race was in Hartlepool and that was across the water.
- Signage to the railway station was poor, but not as bad as some places I’ve visited.
- There was no paper shop open in the station when I left at ten o’clock on the Sunday morning. That is only a small point, but I always like to travel with something to read.
- The football club, the vtown and the area should work together so that visitors enjoy their visit to the full.
Councils have got to realise that visitors are one way are going to make their town or borough prosperous and they have to provide information, as every extra night someone stays is money into local pockets.
But I did enjoy the weekend, all the same.
I hope that the next time, I come to the town, things are better.