I’m Getting Paranoid About Waitrose
Coeliacs are very particular about what they eat.
My list of must-have foods apart from the usual things, like meat, fish, vegetables and fruit includes :-
- Waitrose seeded, thin-sliced loaf. It makes good toast and lovely sandwiches.
- Waitrose semi-skimmed goats milk. As good as any, and there is no smell.
- Eat Natural gluten-free toasted muesli with vine fruit.
- St.Helen’s Farm semi-skimmed goats milk yoghurt. I have this with my breakfast cereal.
- Rowse organic honey. Again, I have this with the breakfast cereal.
But my branch in Islington does its best to annoy me :-
- They haven’t had the thin-sliced loaf for weeks. But they always seem to have the thick-sliced, which has the texture of the stuff with which they make IKEA furniture. It is ideal for making sandwiches for masochists!
- Recently, there have been days, with the full-fat goats milk, but not the semi-skimmed.
- They haven’thad this for months, but they’ve always got lots of unsold packets of the buckwheat version. So it means, I have to go to Sainsbury’s next door.
- I make sure, I always have the yoghurt in the fridge, as sometimes this isn’t for sale.
- The same applies to the honey.
And then of course there’s the check-outs, which were designed by a man or woman with two perfect hands.
It is any wonder, that I’m getting paranoid?
I suppose this afternoon, I had better go all the way to Eastfield to get a loaf.