Doric Nimrod Air Two
A small article in The Times today entitled Investors queue up for aviation’s double-deckers, caught my eye. It talks about a company called Doric Nimrod Air Two, that will buy and lease out Airbus A380 double-deck airliners, giving investors upwards of a nine-percent return on capital.
Would I invest, if I was as rich as Croesus?
You have to admire their innovation, but the aircraft are leased to Emirates, which is a Middle East airline. In that troubled region, there are more nutcases, than on all the peanut farms in Georgia. You don’t have to actually shoot a plane down, just hit it with something very explosive on the ground.
After all, the share price of the company dipped, when the A380 developed wing cracks.
So it may work, but it is not an investment that appeals to me.
I’d prefer to put my money in Zopa and get around six percent.
No comments yet.
About This Blog
What this blog will eventually be about I do not know.
But it will be about how I’m coping with the loss of my wife and son to cancer in recent years and how I manage with being a coeliac and recovering from a stroke. It will be about travel, sport, engineering, food, art, computers, large projects and London, that are some of the passions that fill my life.
And hopefully, it will get rid of the lonely times, from which I still suffer.
Why Anonymous? That’s how you feel at times.
- What is a Selling Race?
- The Unreserved Coach E On Virgin Trains
- A Call From 08000562422
- Could Britain Become The World's Health Hub?
- Edinburgh to Inverness in the Cab of an HST
- My Crap Steel Kitchen Cabinets
- A Message To All Customers Of Currys/Dixons plc
- The Downs End Of The Hackney Downs/Central Link
- Summary And Conclusions On The Goblin Extension
- A Birthday Card For An Eighty-Year-Old Widow
Advertising Architecture Art Athletics Banks BBC Building Buses Cambridge Cancer Charity Coeliac Construction Cricket Crime CrossRail Cycling Death Design Docklands Light Railway Driving Energy Engineering Entertainment Films Flying Football France Fraud Freight Germany Hackney Horse Racing Hotel Humour Internet Ipswich Ipswich Town Italy Law Liverpool London London Overground London Underground Manchester Museum Music My House New Bus for London NuLabor Olympics Phones Politics Recipe Religion Scotland Second World War Shopping Smoking Spam Stations Stroke Suffolk Tax Television Terrorism The Netherlands Ticketing Trains Trams United States Waitrose Walking Weather Zopa
- Not All Celias Are Blond anonw.wordpress.com/2015/07/01/not… http://t.co/Tnih58LKkH 1 hour ago
- Variations On Mary Berry’s Salmon anonw.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/var… http://t.co/CB8dEPxy5B 9 hours ago
- A Birthday Card For An Eighty-Year-Old Widow anonw.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/a-b… http://t.co/rGAtU9RDyo 22 hours ago
- Ocado’s Not Very Green Packaging anonw.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/oca… http://t.co/W8VAkzdsA6 22 hours ago
- My Crap Steel Kitchen Cabinets anonw.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/my-… http://t.co/A5DqNNeLMH 22 hours ago